|

January 25, 2016

RSS persons threaten Sandeep Pandey on IIT-BHU campus ( 25 January 2016)

25 January 2016
Press Release

IIT-BHU has recently terminated my contract on the charges of being a naxalite and being involved in anti-national activities. I've a month's notice and have time until 5 February, 2016 to wind up. Today, on 25 January, 2016, at 7:30 pm two people associated with RSS Ravi Singh, who works in an IT firm in Bengaluru and is a 2004 IIT-BHU alumni and Awdhesh Dubey, a Geophysics alumni, encountered me in the IIT guest house. Ravi Singh was especially aggressive and said I should not discuss questions like 'beef' in class. I said I discussed the vegan philosophy and think students should be exposed to varied thought. He said if I've to discuss such things I should do it outside the university and instead I should discuss about Indian culture in my class. I said you cannot dictate a professor what he should or should not teach. Then he became more aggressive and started threatening me in a fascist way by saying I don’t have the freedom to decide what I’ll teach. I told him that the course has been duly approved by the IIT authorities and if he has any problems with the ‘Development Studies’ course he should talk to the Director of the Institute. I decided to lodge a complaint with the local Lanka Police Station against Ravi Singh and Awadhesh Dubey for threatening me. Ravi Singh is also going to lodge a counter-complaint against me.

Sandeep Pandey, Visiting Faculty, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, IIT, BHU, Varanasi
Contact mobile of IIT-BHU students: 8795217652 (Hemant Kannaujia), 7753066654 (Santosh Kumar)
e-mail: ashaashram@yahoo.com