|

July 01, 2009

Way's of BJP govt in Chattisgarh -- A respected peace activist may be arrested on trumped up charges of spreading communal violence

I may be arrested soon for spreading communal violence

Posted by: "vcadantewada ashram" vcadantewada (at) gmail.com
Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:16 am (PDT)


Dear All,

You may recall that last year I had complained against a government officer who was siphoning off ration meant for children in anganwadis in Dantewada.

Some villagers had also met SP about it and had made a written complaint.

The government official is also wife of an influential journalist in the city. Then police had filed a complaint against me by a Muslim journalist on the charge of threatening him under section 153 B.

Section 153B deals with communal violence.

I have applied for my passport recently and I was told by a source in police station that police has sent the matter to passport office saying because there is a case under section 153B registered against me so I should not be issued the passport. I have not seen the letter myself.

The source also tells me that on that case I may be arrested soon.

I will keep all of you posted

Sincerely
-Himanshu Kumar
-Vanvasi Chetna Ashram, Dantewada
-09425260031