We won’t tolerate the terrorism in name of cow protection : Bhumi Adhikaar Andolan warns the State and central Governments
Call for Nationwide struggle against the vigilante groups in name of cow protection and women safety.
Bhumi Adhikaar Andolan resolves to fight for communal harmony and peace, call for programmes across country on April 30th
Cheque of Rs.3 lakh from Kisan Sabha given to Angoori Begum (mother of Pehlu Khan) and Rs.50,000 to seriously injured Ajmat Khan.
New delhi, April 19 : The Bhoomi Adhikar Andolan (BAA) organised a day long Protest Dharna at Jantar Mantar demanding justice for the family of Pehlu Khan killed by "gau-rakshaks" (cow protectors) under the patronage of Hindutva elements and indirect support from the BJP ruled governments in power. The terrorism of the cow vigilante groups has witnessed a sharp rise their confidence level especially after the spectacular win of the BJP in different states. This has created havoc not only in Uttar Pradesh but also across the country. A particularly religious community has been targeted in complete violation of the secular fabric and values of this country.
Bhumi Adhikaar Andolan challenged this brazen attempt at violating not only the constitutional spirit but also the democracy itself and resolved to launch a nation wide strike and struggle against this. BAA leaders collectively said that this attack is not only against Muslims but against farmers and workers as well. Cows and cattle’s have an intrinsic link to the agrarian economy and in our country farmers and workers are from all religions.
The BJP government in the name of cow and river protection is only promoting the corporate agenda and taking away all the rights and livelihoods form the working classes of this country. BAA is going to challenge each and every move and every attempt at diversion of the common property resources and village land for industrial purposes. BAA also supported the demands of the agitating farmers from Tamilandu who have been camping at Jantar Mantar for 36 days now. Comrade Hannan Mollah General Secretary of All India Kisan Sabha said, “the intentions of this government are clear and we should not be fooled by their agenda and the diversionary tactics they use. We have to fight the communal terror and also the corporate onslaught on farmers and workers of this country”.
The protest was addressed by Krishna Prasad, N K Shukla, Amra ram, Badal Saroj, and other leaders of All India Kisan Sabha; Dr Sunilam and Madhuresh of National Alliance of People’s Movements; Ashok Choudhary and Roma, All India Union of Forest Working People; Com Satyavan of All India Krishak Khet Mazdoor Sangathan; Com Prem Singh and Aslam Khan of All India KISAN Maha sabha; Com Atul Anjan All India Kisan Sabha (Ajay Bhawan); Kavita Srivastava, People's Union of Civil Liberties; Com Thirunavukkarasu, President, AIAWU; Com Suneet Chopra (ABKMU); Anil Choudhary and Virendra Vidrohi of INSAF and others. The dharna was also adressed by Com Brinda Karat, Subhashini Ali, Polit bureau Members, CPI(M); D.Raja, National Secretary, CPI; Dipankar Bhattacharya, General Secretary, CPI(ML); K.C.Tyagi, former MP and leader, JD(U); D.P.Tripathi, NCP leader and MP. In addition, representatives from different Left and Democratic Parties as well as Organisations of Peasantry, Agricultural Workers, Workers, Women's, Students, Youth Dalit and Adivasis, Trade Unions, people's movements were present in solidarity.
The dharna was attended by a number of farmers and civil rights organisations from Haryana and Punjab who extended solidarity and also launched their own agitation in the States demanding justice. They resoled to continue their fight until justice for the victims of the Alwar is achieved and also to stop any further terror in the name of the cow protection.
Earlier, AIKS President Amra Ram had sat on a Dharna on 18th April demanding justice for the dairy farmer's family. Hundreds of peasants from Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan attended the Dharna. The family members of Pehlu Khan and other victims as well as villagers from Nuh attended the Dharna.
The Bhoomi Adhikar Andolan demanded the following :
1. Rs.1 crore compensation for Pehlu Khan's family and job for a family member, arrest of perpetrators of the crime, Government purchase of unproductive cows at market rate and protection of right to cattle trade as well as right to choice of food.
2. The Vasundhara Raje Government of Rajasthan must provide Rs. One Crore as compensation to the bereaved family of Pehlu Khan and Rs.25 lakhs each to the other victims, taking the responsibility of the incident and to ensure civil and democratic rights and to give a strong message to the anti national elements which are trying to disrupt communal harmony.
3. The Manohar Lal Khattar government of Haryana must ensure Immediate and free medical treatment to all the victims.
4. The state Government must provide government job to one family member of Pehlu Khan.
5. Immediate arrest of all culprits and ensure stringent punishment. Withdraw false cases against victims.
6. A special investigation team under direct supervision of Supreme Court must be assigned to ensure impartial investigation to the crime and role of the police
7. A high level enquiry under the supervision of the Supreme Court to unearth the conspiracy of RSS to create communal unrest on the issue of cow slaughter.
8. Ensure farmers right to cattle trade and reopen all cattle markets immediately which had been closed down by the concerned state governments.
9. Make provisions in the cattle protection law to obligate state governments to purchase unproductive cattle providing market rate to farmers.
10. Protect the crops from stray cattle’s by incorporating clauses in the law to obligate state Governments to preserve all stray cattle in shelters ensuring sufficient fodder, water and veterinary care
11. The Union Ministry of Agriculture shall call a meeting of all the peasant and agriculture worker organizations to discuss protection of the rights of farmers on cattle wealth.
Krishna Prasad, Madhuresh Kumar, Shweta Tripathi, Sanjeev Kumar
For Bhumi Adhikaar Andolan